Welcome to Learning Forward New Jersey
Learning Forward’s recently revised Standards for Professional Learning define the elements essential to educator learning that leads to improved practice and better results for students. Learning Forward New Jersey’s mission is designed to advance the standards both nationally and internationally. Working simultaneously to serve the members of the organization and influence the wider education field, Learning Forward New Jersey will focus on advancing the Standards for Professional Learning in New Jersey.
Every student deserves an effective teacher every day. To this end, we are a network of educators across the state of New Jersey dedicated to helping New Jersey’s teachers reach their highest level of effectiveness through high-quality professional learning. We also know teachers need effective school- and district-level leaders to support their professional growth and to create the conditions for their success. Learning Forward New Jersey also provides high-quality professional learning for school leaders so, together, teachers and leaders can create and sustain optimal learning for students and adults alike.
We use the Professional Learning Standards to guide our work and offer professional learning opportunities that align to these standards.
Moreover, we hope you will consider joining us in supporting and advocating for New Jersey educators’ professional learning. As a member, you will enjoy these privileges:
- Receive Learning Forward New Jersey newsletters and other communications
- Receive invitations to all Learning Forward New Jersey functions
- Receive discounted registration fees for all Learning Forward New Jersey professional learning opportunities
- Offer suggestions to the Board as may seem advisable for the good of the organization
- Have a voice influencing state-level decisions regarding professional learning
Please visit our membership page to learn more. Our teachers and leaders are worth it!
Kim Tucker, president