Learning Forward New Jersey Regional Workshop – Central Region
March 28 @ 4:00 pm
COMMITTING TO EQUITY AND EXCELLENCE
The power of integrating instructional materials and professional learning
Each year, schools and districts make decisions about the adoption of curriculum and instructional materials. However, often the processes and professional learning structures to ensure their effective implementation aren’t adequately addressed. As a result, new curricula and instructional materials may not necessarily lead to the results intended for students.
Schools and school systems prioritize equity and excellence when they ensure all students have access to both effective teaching and meaningful classroom resources aligned to rigorous student standards. This workshop will help educators strengthen their capacity to reach all students by building strong connections among curriculum, high-quality instructional materials including Open Educational Resources, and standards-based professional learning.
Who should attend
- Central office administrators
- Policymakers and decision makers
- Teacher leaders/Coaches
- School-based teams
- Principals/Assistant principals
- Technical assistance providers
- Learn how investing in high-quality instructional materials and standards-based professional learning leads to equity and excellence.
- Acquire tools, frameworks, and research to shift the attitudes and actions of your team, school, or system,
- Understand how to design professional learning for effective curriculum and instructional materials implementation.
- Learn processes involved in assessing, selecting, and adapting excellent curriculum materials to benefit both teachers and students.
- Consider the conditions, responsibilities, and practices that make curriculum accessible to all educators and students.
Want to spend the night? Click here for the Princeton Marriott at Forrestal.